Monday, April 1, 2013

The Dream

 
When you dream, do you dream in color?
Do you wander in a world of silence, still as the deepest, darkest ocean...
Or do your dreams burst with songs of life, the din of the living.
Do you dream in black and white, rusty shades of nostalgic sepia,
Do you flow and slip with ease from dream to dream in waves of distorted time, ebbing and rushing to the whims of some will you cannot define,
or are your feet anchored in mud, your arms heavy with the burdens that await upon
awakening.
Do you dream in your mother tongue
or like me, in the language that came second but ended first?
Does a dream need language to tell a story?
I can tell you only this.
That if I could capture my dream on a reel,
and throw it upon the wall, shadows and all,
 for you to see,
 
This........is what my dream would be.
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you, Chi Li.

No comments:

Post a Comment