Friday, May 3, 2013

Dream Big, Fly High

Been a very hectic week, with houseguests, clinics ( that is when my mentor comes and works with me and my horses and my students and we all get our booties and brains worked off) and this Saturday, a birthday party for my husband. So much planning to do, and I've been neglecting my blog, I'm sorry to say. But never mind finding Time - finding Mind was all but impossible.

At the same time, a wonderful opportunity may have come along to do something I have never done before, something that would challenge me in new ways and yet something I can't help but feel I could do and do well. Almost like I've just been waiting and preparing for it to come along. So my brain has been galloping along on multiple tracks at top speeds.....

But last night I had the most wonderful dream that I had to tell you about while it's still fresh in my mind and it's emotional footprint still clear on my heart.

I dreamt I could fly. I often have those dreams, and sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's hard, but it's always very real. I am not a bird or a plane, I don't have wings or engines - I fly on the wings and power of Spirit. I simply lift myself into the air and off I go.

Last night I flew the best I ever have. It was easy, I was agile, light and confident. I swooped and dove and laughed my way across the heavens. I swept across a glittering sea where Tall Ships swayed majestically with billowing sails. I rolled on my back and floated with arms outstretched and hands open to the blue, blue sky.

When I landed, I was in a room full of people. They asked me why I was so happy. I told them it was because I could fly. They looked at me strangely and said not a thing. I knew I was going out on a limb telling these strangers something so wild and wonderful about myself and that they probably would not believe me, but still, I would not recant.

 "I can fly!" I said happily. "And you know," I carried on, "The thing is, I think everyone can. They have just forgotten how." And as I said it, I knew it was true and I wished fervently that everyone in that room would remember.

That is where the dream ended and I woke up in bliss. I got up and opened a book to a random page and this is what it said:

"Don't just see the magic, engage it! Challenge it! Dare it! Dream big,
with every expectation that your dreams will manifest.
 
Demand that they come true! You're not beholden to life. Life is beholden to you.
You are its reason for being. You came first."
 
Notes from the Universe by Mike Dooley


I think it's telling me it's time to spread my wings. What's it telling you?

No comments:

Post a Comment