Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Little Bitty Things

It's a morning to appreciate the little bitty things (because the big things seem to be hibernating and if I look too close I get too frustrated. Wake up and DO something for Pete's sake! Winter is over! Or so I believe....).
 
The sweet chirping of birds as I wake at dawn. The soft plushness of a cuddly duvet as I turn over and steal 5 more minutes, snuggled in my husband's arms. The warmth in the amber eyes of my old dog as I stumble out of bed and place a hand on his head. The welcoming bark and joyful whimper of the little mutt as she bounds out of bed and hugs my leg as if she has not seen me in a hundred years and may not for a hundred more.
 
 
 
 
Steam curling off a hot mug of tea, vapors rising in tendrils of a sheer, dancing mystery, caught in the cool rays of an early morning sun only to be dispelled by the same. Doves and Brownheaded Cowbirds flitting from branch to branch, hiding among shiny green leaves, taking turns on the feeder. A plump sparrow indulging in an early morning bath, fluffing and ruffling and spraying sparkling drops of water in every direction with his vigorous routine.
 
 
 
Dogs lying on the hillside, watching the sun rise. Donkeys playing follow the leader, long ears flapping and little legs pumping, snaking in and out of the woods and seguing into displays of pure silliness, kicking and bucking and shaking their heads.
 
Water on tap, flowing freely at the mere twist of a handle, hot or cold, what's your pleasure? Ample food waiting on command, fresh and chilled, toaster waiting to heat at will. A stove to warm my water at the push of a button, a rocking chair to soothe my fears as I sip my tea and feel the cool morning air tighten my skin.
 
 
A garden making the most of its best, while the rain still falls and the sun has yet to reach its full, searing power. Blooms bursting from every branch, every color, every day a new bud opened and unfurled to maximum beauty. Every day a new gift for me to behold.
 
 
Remembering the future remains unwritten, there is peace before action, rest before movement, learning before empowerment, dreaming before manifestation. Every moment counts, every moment matters, every moment embodies its own beauty. Appreciate the little bitty things when the big things stand still, and the little things become big, the big things little.
 
 
A deep breath in a healthy body. The love of friends and family. Jobs well done.
Fine dreams to dream. Great hopes to nurture.
 
 Laurels upon which to rest.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment