Monday, March 18, 2013

Revelation # 2 aka Got Spring?

So I just had another revelation, thanks to a friend of mine who pointed out that a good blogger posts something often, like ...every day. You should have seen the look on my face. Actually, I am glad you didn't. Shocked and appalled is not my best look.

But once I recovered and reattached my jaw to my face and popped my eyes back in, I decided to man up and get on with it. It may not be every day, but we will see. I may surprise myself.

I think the topic today will be spring. Short but sweet and with a few photos from my photosafari through my garden this morning. Yes, some of you are going to hate me because you are still buried in snow and ice and here I am bragging about spring. Move to North Texas then. You will be trading off on excruciatingly long and hot summers, but you'll have spring in March. Worth it? Jury is still out. Ask me in September. Actually, wait till October and I am less likely to be rude.

So spring. Yes, it's here. My daffodils and hyacinth are already waning and shriveling, my Bradford pear has bloomed and sprouted bright green, tender baby leaves and the Redbud is in full and profuse bloom. Don't believe me? Check it out. And don't hate me because I got spring. If you ain't got my summers, you ain't got nuthin' on me.




 


2 comments:

  1. I only had to endure one Texas summer & that was more than enough for me! Mind you, this year Austalia gave Texas a run for it's money...
    Loving the blog (& all your writing) can't wait for the next installment :)
    Chanida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chanida!Super to hear from you - since you left, the summers have only gotten worse, erch! Your wish is my command and next blog is up! Plus I figured out how to install gadgets so it's easy to subscribe to my blog now:-) Glad you keep in touch! SC

    ReplyDelete