Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The Journey to Midway

 
One of my (many) jobs on The Katika Nuru Project is the whole Social Media thing. That is just the way the cookie crumbles when you are one of just a few people working on a big dream, a vision that you share among you and intend to bring to the world. While you are building your foundation, brick by brick, and falling over your own feet and looking for tools you never knew you needed and have no clue how to use.....you find yourself wearing alot of hats (and looking for alot of clues, so a Sherlock Holmes hat is a must for aspiring visionaries). So I went to Kenya to write a series of articles about the ubercoolness of horseback safaris......and came back a changed woman. The articles became a book about that change and my personal awakening to a much bigger horizon and inspired a project and now I am Social Media Director for Katika Nuru. Huunh? How does that make sense? Well, it just does. I don't even want to think about how. Too early!
 
So I am up before dawn to do my research, because it's the only way I can do everything else I do in a day - train and enjoy my horses (and two for my husband and one for a friend) and wear all my other Katika Nuru hats ( writer, interviewer, photographer, visionary, Director of Communications, fundraiser, BLOGGER! etc etc. I think I need a bigger hat rack) - as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted -  up to do my research both for my own ongoing education on all things conservation, in particular as relates to the African Elephant, and to see what I should share on Facebook and Twitter today. It takes much longer than one would think, and some days it is hard to choose - and some days it is hard to bear - and some days it is hard to find.
 
But today, thanks to my brother who rarely posts anything at all....it was an easy, straightforward pick for what goes up today. This speaks to the heart of all the challenges we face globally today, why I came back a changed person from Kenya, why we jumped madly but blithely into creating The Katika Nuru Project and all the challenges that we face every day to make a go of it  - and how and why we must face them.
 
To Chris Jordan who is at the heart of The Journey to Midway:
 
The Love in Me Salutes the Love in You.
Thank you.
 
 
 
 
P.S. The only version I could figure out how to upload has spanish subtitles. Which is really cool in case some spanish, non english speaking person stumbles upon my blog! Even if it puts me in the danger zone of being terribly politically correct. And so early in the day. Who knows what other wonders might occur after such an auspicious beginning?

No comments:

Post a Comment